Thursday, October 29, 2009

What's New? Not Much, Pussycat

Sorry for the blog silence. I haven't had happy things to say, and you know how the saying goes: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

The same day I wrote my last post about the end of my relationship with Aloha Guy, I learned that my friend, voice teacher, and organist/choir director at my church has gone into Hospice care, going home to North Carolina to be with his family in his final days. He's been fighting leukemia for many years, but it only just got very aggressive and eventually, deadly. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, and his absence is acutely felt at church. I still feel like I have so much still to learn from him, and he will be greatly missed.

So, in other news...I got a new vacuum. (Exciting, no?) Sometimes I clean when I'm upset. A therapist once told me it's a denial mechanism, as you focus on something you can control and make orderly, instead of something in life that you can't. The new vacuum works well and picks up the cat hair better than the old one.

Tonight, I got had the fortune of having dinner with a friend and past colleague from Dallas that I haven't seen since I moved away over two years ago. It was great catching up with her, and I value the easy camaraderie we have so much. I think I took it for granted before, and now I realize how rare and special that is.

6 comments:

paula said...

I clean when I am upset too XXX

jman said...

I get upset when I have to clean!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your sad mood. Here's to better times ahead. ::Hugs:: from cyberspace.

Vetmommy said...

We keep talking about E. around here, too. So sad for you and all the people he touched.

Jason said...

I like your blog a lot, you have some interesting posts on here. I myself have a site that provides inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. However, I need some help in spreading the word, because the site is new. I was wondering if you wanted to exchange links so we can spread the word about both of our sites. Let me know.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

lindsey said...

I'm ready for a new post. :)