Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Highs and Lows

I had dinner tonight with two friends, former colleagues, who are so complimentary. It always makes me smile.

I hadn't seen one of them since January, so I knew what the reaction would be. (The weight loss) He couldn't stop commenting about it. "You really look great!" :-)

And then I heard from a good friend of mine tonight from church -- a fellow single who has become a dear friend. He's facing some very challenging and scary health threats, and likely some surgery with serious risks in the near future.

I am one of those people who doesn't have a lot of friends, but the friends I do have are very dear to my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! How bout a new profile pic?
Steph(I can't log in for some reason)

Anonymous said...

You are very, very dear to your friends as well, Miss Emily! Sure do miss you. Sending a big hug your way. WM