Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What Goes Up...

My eyes are hazel, but they look mostly brown. But when I cry, they turn green.

I had all the best intentions of not falling for Aloha Guy, but sometime over the past weekend in Orlando, my emotions got the better of me. Unfortunately, I'm standing out here alone.

My reasons to him back in May and June for not getting more involved -- that he's recently divorced and lives thousands of miles away -- are now being echoed back to me. Of course, he's right. I was right when I said them then.

It still sucks.

What's worse? Being alone, or seeing what you could have and then being told you can't have it?

The past few months have been a rollercoaster in the dating life of this singleton, and I'm exiting the ride feeling completely wrung out.

9 comments:

jman said...

Yeah it was all safe for him when you seemed to be "whatever". Now all of a sudden he finds, shock, horror, you're human and not just some good time girl in the same place emotionally speaking as him. Shame on him for being careless of your feelings.

At least you have a massage and a manicure and a couple of your favorite bottles of wine to show for it. And the lesson to be on the lookout for emotionally unavailable guys. Trust your instincts girl. They were right the first time.

Sorry to hear you are hurting.

Anonymous said...

Totally with jman on this one.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too,Emily..I am wondering IF you want to be serious with him is it too late now? I read your post as if something had happened to prevent you two being a couple..am I correct? Anyway,my lovey, cheer up and don't have green Eyes 'cos you suit Brown/Hazel Eyes perfectly. :)


Aunty Norma.xxxxxxx

Vetmommy said...

That totally stinks.

lindsey said...

Sending a hug your way.

Dele O said...

I recently wrote a song about meeting a partner online. It's called " Computer Love"
If you're interested in listening to it you can hear it at www.reverbnation.com/deleo

Dele O
"IN CONSTANT PURSUIT"

Matthew said...

Aww bummer, is it not too late to turn things around maybe? Yea, long distance relationships aren't the norm, but it could work, right? Perhaps at least keep the friendship alive just in case.

Kay Dee said...

Aww I'm sorry to hear about this. I thought of something that might give you some hope though, there is a site called www.itwaslovewhen.com, about romantic stories that people post daily! It can be kind of uplifting! If not that, it also has a sister site called www.itwasoverwhen.com if you want to see all that goes wrong in relationships. Check it out, just a recommendation, it can get pretty funny.
Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Bummers is right, sometimes love is all about timing. It seems rather odd that he would spend all that time and energy on the other side of the coast just to play with your feelings then abandon you. Hard to judge someone without walking in their shoes first I say. Reminds me of the Marley tune 'Judge Not'.

In any case, sorry to hear about hurt feelings Emily, it's never right. Any chance of 'friendship' like Matthew suggests?