Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recharged

Since the whole FWB ending, I've been lying low, just trying to regroup and soothe my wounded ego. It's been fine: I'm exercising almost daily, catching up on my reading and doing little things to pamper myself. But I do miss male company.

This week, I was very fortunate to get taken to lunch by one of my vendors and out to drinks & appetizers by another. The lunch was just a one-on-one, and I really enjoyed our conversation. I've been talking to this guy for over a year, strictly platonic. He's married with two adorable girls. He reminded me not to give up on my dream of finding someone but to value the freedom being single gives me.

The happy hour was with a group of my colleagues from work and a group from the vendor. Without planning it, we realized it was Fat Tuesday, and the swanky bar we met at had live jazz playing in the background and festive purple, green and gold beads strung about. The conversation was great, and I enjoyed talking to one guy in particular. Again, not really a flirty conversation, just intellectually stimulating. (He's in a committed relationship.)

Both of these encounters were very simple, easy, and not at all sexually charged. But I left each feeling recharged, and enjoying the pleasant exchange of thoughts and ideas. Maybe I'm ready to get out there again...

2 comments:

get2eric said...

I love happy hour. Meet you at the Martini Bar in the Royal Promenade in two weeks. OK?

Emily said...

Yes! Looking forward to it!