Monday, February 02, 2009

Anti-Superbowl Evening

I'm not a huge fan of football. I was, at one time. Football is big in Texas, and I spent high school and college faithfully going to the games and cheering on my team. But after awhile, I guess I got burned out on it.

Of course, it's fun to watch with a group. But I didn't get any invitations to a Superbowl party, and rather than wallow in self-pity, I decided to make an appointment at a spa for some "me time."

I really enjoy spas. I like the steam room, sauna, hot showers, and of course, the services. I was scheduled for a massage and manicure. I was in desperate need of the massage after waking up on Friday with a very stiff neck and shoulders. Apparently, I had slept on it funny, and all my muscles were bunched up and hurting. The massage therapist was great and worked on all the kinks, improving my range of motion.

Then I went home and made some lettuce wraps, opened a bottle of wine, and watched a movie, La Vie en Rose. Halfway through, my phone beeps, a text message.

From FWB. "U still not talking to me?"

I thought of several choice things I could say but decided not to respond at all. I'm still so angry about the whole thing. Obviously, he misses talking to me, but I think he just wants me to be there for his emotional support. I'm realizing he's much more selfish than I originally thought. He can't even respect my request for time and space!

4 comments:

Irish Parisienne said...

oh jeez...you did the right thing... even if he turned up at your door lying prostate begging for forgiveness you would still have to think about..

I got a text in a similar vein last night. *Sigh*

Pampering sounds fab though :)

Irish Parisienne said...

(obviously I meant prostrate lol!)

paula said...

Absolutely the right thing Em, just ignore the daft sod. The pampering sounds gorgeous. XXXX

Vetmommy said...

Obviously he is missing what he had.