Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Random Thoughts & Snowy Pictures

Why is it that when you lose a sock or an earring, you only lose one? For me, especially if it's a pair of earrings that I really like, I hold on to the one I have left, hoping the missing one will turn up. As I've been "cleaning house" -- sorting through and weeding out stuff I don't need -- I'm having a hard time throwing away these onesies. I think, I really liked this pair of earrings, and what if I throw this away and then find the missing one? At the end of the day, though, it's just earrings, and I usually find a way to part with it.

***

Facebook is a great tool for keeping up with hundreds of friends and former colleagues, but lately, I've been getting several friend requests from people who went to the same high schools I did. (I attended two, as we moved from Midland to Houston in the middle of my junior year.) In the vast majority of cases, I don't remember these people! It's a bit unnerving to me that I honestly have no recollection of them, and presumably they do of me.

***

Having spent the past 7-8 years of my life watching my weight go up and down the scale, my wardrobe has gone through many different sizes, from an 8 to 14. As I'm now coming back down again (hooray! thank goodness! it's working!), I'm reluctant to let go of the larger sized clothes. Not that I'm emotionally attached to them, but I fear that I will go back up again. I've also considered having them tailored, but I also worry about regaining the weight and possibly popping the stitches!

***

It snowed ALL DAY yesterday. My desk is by a window, on the 16th floor of our building, and I watched the small flakes come down, swishing this way and that. Not much stuck, and the City is so good at salting and sanding the streets and sidewalks that this morning, the snow is only left on rooftops and grassy areas. But I took a few pictures yesterday afternoon in City Hall Park. I'm really pleased with how they came out. It looks like the winter wonderland I was walking in, and the falling snow shows in the images, too.





5 comments:

get2eric said...

I'm happy for you about your reduction. I have dropped 2 lbs since starting the gym routine two weeks ago. I have 10 more to go ( I wish ) by March 14th.

Nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

Trust me NYC snow loses its charm about 2 hours after it hits the ground as it becomes black and slush lakes form at the corners. Watching it fall is the fun part, although Central Park is quite pretty when snow covered. Do you also work downtown?

paula said...

Wow you are doing so well ...great excuse to buy new stuff. The pics look so pretty. We have been getting snow over here, the whole place comes to a standstill though - so unprepared for weather us Brits.

Emily said...

Daddy, I have 16 to go before the cruise! Not sure if I'll get all of it accomplished, but at least I'll be less than now.

jman, I work near Union Square.

Paula, thanks! I saw on the news the UK was getting record snow. Is Luke enjoying it?

Anonymous said...

Well I wish you would tell me how you are losing it,Em, I'm finding it very hard getting rid of a few more pounds..:(

A.Norma.x