Monday, January 26, 2009

Ready for a New Week

I had a quiet weekend, so I got a lot of things done around the apt. I filed, sorted and recycled a lot of paper, painted my finger- and toenails, and played on my Wii. It makes exercising so much easier and fun. I'm now down a total of 14 lbs. from where I started. And the upcoming family cruise is a good motivator.

My dad has graciously offered to take us on a Caribbean cruise. We leave on March 15th from Galveston, then on to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Wee! Although the thought of putting on a bathsuit is a bit frightening, it does keep me focused on my diet and exercise.

I've been trying to keep busy so as not to ruminate too much on things, and I have dinner with some girlfriends scheduled tomorrow night to take advantage of NYC's Restaurant Week. On Wednesday, I actually had four offers for drinks/dinners! Crazy. The winner is my niece Paige, who will be coming up for a special mom-daughter trip with my sister Steph that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had better tell me how you lost THAT much in such a short time,Em. please..I am still only 5 lbs down and I have been VERY,very good!all Fruit and Veg. with just a little Protein and carbs..I suppose you're going to tell me Exercise,hmm? well all I can do is WALK now. :o(


A.Norma.xx

Emily said...

Auntie Norma,
Yes, I've been exercising and watching my calorie intake. But I don't think it's been fast at all. It's taken me 4-5 months!

get2eric said...

Well I don't know if I'm gracious. All I did was get you a very special deal.