Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quiet Weekend

Yesterday started off normal enough. I got my apartment cleaned up and headed out to my favorite Mexican dive in the West Village for fish tacos. They make really good fish tacos, and although you have to buy chips & salsa (not free like it is in Texas), it has a really nice flavor.

Leaving there, I walked East towards the Village and to Broadway, looking to get some Christmas shopping done when I started feeling ill. I quickly curbed the shopping for a subway home, and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch. I don't know if I had a virus or if it was something I ate (too soon for the fish tacos, but maybe something from yesterday?), but since the sky opened up and poured rain, it was good to be safely inside. Sabrina (my cat) warily watched the windows as the storm played out, and she kept me company on the couch as I watched my Netflix.

Yesterday was 65* and muggy with humidity, and today has begun bright and sunshine-y. It's so clear, I can see way into Jersey. I checked the weather, and it's also very cold! Being up 30 floors, I never really have to turn my heat on. But I've learned not to be deceived by the beautiful looking weather. That storm brought through colder air, and the high today is only 50. I'm not complaining...I'm still enjoying the change in weather after so many years of mostly summer in Texas.

I'm (thankfully) feeling better, so I'm off to church and then hope to get that shopping done that I started yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could very well have been the fish tacos. Food poisoning can occur in as quickly as 30 minutes after consuming tainted foods. It could have been caused by the fish itself or possibly unwashed hands of the preparer. Yuck. Are NY restaurants graded by the Health Dept for cleanliness (A,B,C,etc posted on the door or window to indicate grade)? Glad you're feeling better.

Vetmommy said...

Sorry you were feeling bad! Cats are great to curl up with when you're feeling poorly. It was dry and cool and glorious all weekend here. Will you just get here, already?!?

get2eric said...

The weather is lovely here in Houston too. We painted your room in the colour that you had in your Dallas house that you changed as soon as you moved in.
Hope you like it better here.

So sorry you were pukey............