Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Recharged

Children are such great role models for unconditional love.


I spent a few days in the happy home of my sister and brother-in-law and their kids, Anna (6) and Colin (4). The kids clamored for my attention and to hold my hand or sit beside me. It's nice being the Auntie.


I enjoyed seeing Anna's snaggletooth smile. She is missing both top front teeth and does a mean impression of a vampire, "I vant to suck your Blooooood!"

Everyone enjoyed the authentic bagels I brought, and I enjoyed filling my suitcase with TexMex staples. The kids loved their NY gifts. Anna exclaimed, "NY clothes!" and Colin loved the miniature replication of the 4 subway train that I take to and from work, "It's my number!" (He lays claim to the number of his age.)
It's starting to feel more like "home" when I come back to my apartment in the City. It was great to get to see family and friends over a long weekend, but I was glad to come home to my lonely kitty, too.

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

We enjoyed you, and your bagels. Nice choice of photos!