Friday, October 19, 2007

Hot, Sweaty but Looking Svelte

(I can't believe my Ben Affleck post - below - got no comments! Where are you guys?)

Ugh. The subway was disgustingly hot, steamy and crowded this morning. After all my primping in the bathroom, fixing my hair and makeup, I sweated like Niagara Falls on the subway ride. I was sandwiched between three people, so close our bodies were pressed up against each other, and not in a good way. I kept trying to tell myself, "it's only 3 stops...it's only 2 more stops..." When I only had one more stop to go, a seat opened up, and usually the closest person to it grabs it. The guy who was closest to the seat took pity on me and offered me the chance to sit. That helped a bit, as I could pull a makeshift fan out of my bag to create a small breeze for myself instead of having to focus on my balance.

Walking the couple blocks to work should help, but it's a muggy, gray day here around 72*.

On a different note, I love SPANX. If you are a woman and aren't familiar with this product, you should check it out. Besides the fact that it was created by a woman for women, it really works and is quite comfortable.

SPANX is a line of products designed to control the various bulge, jiggle or extra curve you don't want to showcase. I have tried almost all their products, with my favorites being the Power Panty, the Bod-a-Bing pants and the Bod-a-Bing shirt.

I'm also trying Weight Watchers again. Bring on the veggies! But until I reach a weight I'm more comfortable in, I'm glad I have SPANX!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried Spanx yet. Is it hot to wear something like that - especially on the day you were having?

Unknown said...

That's so funny and coincidental, I am about to post about Spanx on my blog, too!

Emily said...

Spanx isn't as hot as I feared. It's warmer than wearing nothing, but not as bad as if you were wearing spandex.

Vetmommy said...

I didn't post about Ben A. because I was in Minneapolis! Sounds really great.

I can't believe you both posted about Spanx. Did you see that pic of Katie Holmes stepping out of a limo with her spanx showing?

Anonymous said...

I am going to try Spanx too,Emily...I am at present seeing the Dietician at our Doctors..her name is Giselle and she said I am eating all the right things but am going too long in between meals so my metabolism stops working....just a tip to see if you too go a long time between meals?? xx