Monday, October 08, 2007

Quick Trip to Dallas

It was great being in Dallas again, if only for a couple days. It was nice to look around and know where things are. My BF picked me up at the airport, and we went straight to my favorite restaurant, Mi Cocina! Yum. It was almost surreal, though. The food tasted so familiar, it was like no time had passed.

On Saturday, I met up with Wendy and Lauren and Lauren's newest daughter, Ellie! Wendy and I had fun getting lots of snuggles from Ellie, who was 12 days old on Saturday. We had a good brunch...I had a chile relleno breakfast. So good.
















Then I had a massage, which I needed so much. The Chinese massage thing here in NYC is different and interesting, but I still like the deep tissue Swedish massage style best.

On Sunday, I got to meet another new little baby girl. My friends Ian and Lori had their second child, Nora, just two days after Lauren had Ellie. I also had fun playing with their son Jonah, who is 13 months.

BF and I had lunch one more time at Mi Cocina before she took me to the airport. I cried on the plane again, but not sobbing like I did when I moved here. It's weird, but I now don't feel like I belong there in Dallas and not quite yet here in NYC.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Emily...I would just like to say I think you are very fortunate with your life..I know you can get fed up (don't we all) but you can come and go when you please and don't have to answer to anyone.. and that to me is wonderful..Em live your life to the full whilst you can..Mr Right is on the horizon by the way :o) (you know I am a White Witch ..I was right about Evie,huh?) so just carry on thinking each day "I am lucky to be here in New York city with a good job and FREE" :o) hope this doesn't sound too patronising but I do think about you a lot...by the way we have not got your new address ..hokay? xxx Love you.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your feeling somewhere between Dallas and NYC. It took me a few times leaving Houston (after we moved here) and then coming back to start feeling like - Yeah, this is my home now! So I definitely wouldn't call you homeless, just not completely acclimated yet. Glad you got to see all your friends and next time - Austin or ... Houston!

Love you, M

ColeBugsmommy said...

Glad you got away, even if the trip wasn't everything you expected. I bet NYC will feel like home in no time.

Vetmommy said...

Yes, come to Austin anytime! (except the next 2 weekends when we'll be gone!) We love our Auntie Emily visits.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.