Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall is in the Air

It's finally getting cooler and hopefully staying cooler this time. The shops in NY have great fall fashions and cute boots. People are already starting to bundle up, wearing jackets and scarves.

Yesterday, a couple coworkers were advising me to buy heavy jackets and multiple scarves, hats and gloves. And fuzzy boots that are waterproof. Everyone keeps warning me of the impending winter, but I am looking forward to it a bit. They said it's usually nice until January, and then gets gray, cold and miserable Jan-March. A good time to plan a beach vacation!

I was introduced to a great burger place last night, PJ Clarke's. Supposedly, it was Jackie O's favorite burger restaurant. It was yummy.

2 comments:

get2eric said...

The last snow for NYC is usually March 14th, right before St Patrick's Day.
It will be cold like you remember Cincinnati and St Louis were in winter.

Vetmommy said...

I remember visiting Auntie Renie in March for Spring Break my Senior year in HS. I wore my heavy winter coat and wool scarf, and I was SHOCKED at how that cold wind blasting between the high rises cut through all my bundling like I had nothing on.

That said, here its cooler (ie drier) today but still sunny and warm, high today of 90.