Sunday, May 08, 2005

Lots of activities tires the kids and the auntie

I didn't post anything last night because I was too tired. I took Bev and the kids to the Children's Museum in the morning, and we ran around trying out all their exhibits. Bev would follow one of them and I would follow the other, and when we passed each other, we'd switch kids. Colin loved the train area. I think we spent 30 minutes there. They have a toy train that goes around the room and lots of buttons to push. Colin says, "I push! I push!"

Anna enjoyed all their dinosaur exhibits, and she was the best audience member for story time. In fact, she was the only child that stayed still for all three stories.

We left there to go to Central Market for lunch and the playground. We had saved bread bits all week for the ducks and turtles. And when we pulled up, I mentioned we would eat first, and then feed the ducks. "NOoooooo! I want to feed the ducks FIRST!" Anna didn't like my plan.

The kids eat a lot some meals, and other meals not so much. So I decided to order a small cheese pizza for me to share with Colin. Anna had a hamburger & fries, or I should say, fries and a little bit of hamburger. Colin must have been VERY hungry because he ate most of our pizza!

They both enjoyed running around the playground, and Anna enjoyed talking to her mommy when she called. Then we walked down to the bridge and threw the bread for the ducks and turtles. Colin and Anna chased the pidgeons on our way back to the store, shouting and waving their arms around.

I've learned everything takes a little longer with toddlers. We still had to get a few things from the store, and it was getting dangerously close to naptime for Colin. He had a meltdown in the bread section. We were almost done!

We finally got everyone and everything back in the van, and drove 3 blocks, and Anna says, "I have to go to the bathroom!" Again. We stopped at the first gas station I saw, and it was really disgusting. I tried to keep Anna from touching much of anything.

I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Nana arrived at 6, and Cinda & Lee arrived shortly after to pick up Beverly. Anna must have thought that since Nana was here, I was going to leave, too. (Since once I arrived, Oma left.) We had a rough night (many messy accidents).

Today is raining, so we've watched a couple movies. Colin is currently taking a nap, and Anna is dancing with Nana in the living room to Billy Joel. Colin told me while we were watching Finding Nemo, "I happy."

No comments: