Friday, April 15, 2005

Two dates and a get-together

I'm very happy to report that I have two scheduled dates this weekend! Plus, I met some guys that said they frequent the Cowboy Cafe, a bar that is literally two blocks from my house. They invited me to stop by for a drink tonight.

Tomorrow, my god-daughter Annie goes to her Senior Prom. I can't believe she's almost done with high school. She looks so grown up and beautiful. I promised to come see her off (they're meeting at her house at 5:00 for pictures), and then I have a dinner date with Michael from NJ.

Michael approached me as I was leaving Starbuck's one morning, asking if I was married. It really caught me off guard. I was searching for my keys in my purse and was startled when he came up to me. Anyway, he turned out to be a nice guy. We've talked several times on the phone, and he asked if I would have dinner with him the next time he was in town for business. (He is on the road most of the time, selling advertising for large sporting events.) He said he wants to take me to Pappa's -- one of the nicest steakhouses in Dallas. Yum!

Sunday afternoon I am meeting a guy I've been emailing from an online dating site for coffee. His name is Matt, and he sounds so interesting. He was born in France and lived for a few years in Switzerland. He speaks French, Italian, Japanese, and, of course, English. He owns a house in North Dallas, and we've compared notes about organic gardening. He works as a computer programmer, but actually got his master's in furniture design. He explained that while he enjoys furniture design, the profession was too isolating for his social nature. He seems to be a very balanced person, with a more worldly view than most men found in Texas. I'm looking forward to meeting him, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Stay tuned for the post-game report!

No comments: