Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Post Weekend Report

The short version: everything was fun but nothing earth-shattering.

Friday, I had dinner with my friend Lisa and then met the guys at the local bar near my house. We played pool (I played terribly) and just hung out.

Saturday's dinner with Michael was nice. Pappa's Steakhouse is incredible. The food and wine were absolutely perfect. He let me select the wine, saying he doesn't drink much wine and doesn't know much about it. Pappa's has over 1600 bottles of wine, most priced pretty high. I was drooling over the book as I recognized several vineyards. I finally decided on a moderately priced (for Pappa's) Pine Ridge Cabernet. It was delicious, and Michael tried it and even enjoyed it, too. We had a nice conversation, and there's nothing that went wrong, but I don't feel like there's any chemistry.

On Sunday, I met Matt. He's also very nice and intelligent, and we talked for 2 1/2 hours before we realized the time. Again, it was enjoyable, but I didn't feel any sparks.

Can your "sparker" go out? Like an alternator goes out on a car? Is there any way to replace or recharge it?

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Enjoying your frequent posting recently. If you had a quick enjoyable 2.5 hrs, maybe sparks aren't required? Because sometimes sparks can occur when the attraction is volatile but not stable... how's that for an analogy? (please don't take too seriously)