Monday, September 28, 2009

A Busy but Fun Week Ahead

I went out with NM again last Friday. I really like that girl. She is so funny and very intelligent. And it's nice to have a new friendship that we are both interested in strengthening. (She's admitted the same frustration I've had with many people in NYC being too busy to keep in touch.)

And on Sunday, Aloha Guy arrived. He's here for a week, for work and for some sightseeing, and I'm really looking forward to spending more time with him. I'm expecting to see him every night except one, and it's nice to have someone to share dinner and the evening with. Tonight, although I'm not much of a football fan anymore (blame it on Texas' intense preoccupation with the sport), I agreed to watch the Dallas Cowboy game with him. He's a huge fan.

Last night, I cooked a homemade dinner for him (salmon with wild rice and squash), and as usual, he didn't show up empty handed. He brought me a bottle of wine from Benziger, a vineyard in Sonoma that I have a difficult time finding here. It was delicious!

1 comment:

paula said...

Sounds like a lovely time, dinner sounded delicious!