Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's my baby's birthday!


Yes, my cat Sabrina is sweet sixteen today. I can't believe we've been together so long. I remember seeing her the night she was born. Her mother was the cat of a boyfriend of mine in college, and we knew she was expecting a litter. We went out to a movie or something, and when we got back to his place, there were three little kittens mewing by their mama, under his bed.


Two of the kittens were striped like gray tabbies, and the third was all black. I knew I was going to take one of the striped girls, but I didn't know which one until one day my boyfriend's mom came to visit.





I was holding the kitten who would become Sabrina in my lap, and his mom came in the room and picked the kitten off my lap and took it with her to her seat on the other end of the couch. I was surprised -- it was kinda rude -- but didn't say anything. As soon as she sat down and put the kitten on her lap, Sabrina got up and walked back to MY lap. Yep, that was it. She was mine.

7 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Happy Birthday, Brini! I remember when you were a spunky little kitten who played with Terlingua. Now you're a grumpy old lady with missing teeth.

Oops, I guess that last part is my fault. Sorry about that. Sweet Sixteen!

get2eric said...

I remember what a feisty little kitten she was...........

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story,Em. I like the spirit of Sabrina! that was a lovely LOYAL start to your relationship then,huh? :)

Anonymous said...

oh,heck...this above is from me!


Aunty Norma.x

paula said...

She is so beautiful, happy 16th Sabrina XXX

Anonymous said...

Happy sweet sixteen, Sabrina! Hope you got an extra special treat on your special day!

Love,
Beavis the dog
Age 11 on 9/1/09 (my mom can't believe my age either!)
:)

Brad said...

That is a very cute story about your cat, happy birthday to her.

I really like your blog, thanks for taking the time to write these stories. You have taken what would normally be boring about someones life and wrote it beautifully.