Friday, September 18, 2009

Compliments

It's so nice to get compliments, isn't it? As long as they are sincere, it's always nice to hear when you're doing something well or have touched someone in a positive way.

This week, I heard some great compliments:

From a coworker I don't see often, remarking on my weight loss, "Wow, you look amazing! You're disappearing!"

From a cashier at Starbucks, "Do you do your own makeup? It looks fabulous." (And yes, I do my own makeup. I thought that was hilarious...who else would do it? Obviously, I know you can hire people, but this was just an average workday.)

And the comment to my previous post from a new commenter Brad, "I really like your blog... You have taken what would normally be boring about someones life and wrote it beautifully."

THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,Emily, I always knew your 'niceness' shone through your Blog..now you know. :)


A.Norma.x

grandad says said...

It's nice to get compliments. I get compliments for my children and grandchildren and sometimes my cooking.

Oh, Mrs Gavin also complimented me in 1950 because I saved young Brian's life.

And with 4 cruises under my belt (literally) this year, I don't hear how great I look!

Anonymous said...

You ALWAYS look great,Eric/Grandad!
...and you take smashing videos! :)


Norma.

Asian dating said...

It only means one thing when you got lots of compliments-- you just look gorgeous!

It is nice to hear compliments from people whom you don't expect that will give you such appreciation. It lifts up spirits and boost confidence.