Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My Long Weekend

I'm comfortably settled in my new apartment, just a dozen or so flights below my previous one. My view has shifted to a northern view, and it is MUCH quieter. But I've also been knocked down by an increasingly potent respiratory virus. It just started as a sore throat, but I didn't get much rest this weekend. In fact, I pushed myself to get everything in place and unpacked. At this point, I only have one box left, and it contains framed pictures for the wall. But I finally can't go anymore. I thought I'd be okay once I got moving, but I only lasted at work for a couple hours. I've been sleeping for most of the day, drinking lots of liquids and cleansing my throat and nose with salt water. Now I'm just ready to feel better...

8 comments:

get2eric said...

Aw I wish it would go away in a hurry.

jman said...

Congrats on the new place. Feel better which includes, two aspirin, plenty of fluids and staying away from karoke bars!

Vetmommy said...

I am impressed that you unpacked everything but one box! Wish we could pop over for a housewarming party. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Get well quickly,Emily..I am sending you a little magic 'potion' at MIDNIGHT on Friday 11th September..get ready to 'catch it'..breathe deeply and think of me (the good Witch) xxxx

Aunty Norma.xxx

paula said...

Hope you feel better soon Em, enjoy the new apartment! If it makes you feel any better I've been off work with a crappy virus too; am sick of people insisting it's swine flu ... which it isn't (honest - Oink!). XXXXX

Emily said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm marginally better -- better enough to be at work, at least.

Paula, I've been telling people "it's NOT Swine flu" too! Hope yours passes soon.

Anonymous said...

...so it worked did it,Em? :) xx


A.Norma.xx

paula said...

You too sweetpea XXXXX Hugs