Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Blind Date

So I'm meeting match #4 tonight from the matchmaker service. (In case you're wondering what happened to match #3, I never met him. This will make me sound like a snob, but I've learned from past experience that it's important to me that the other person have similar education and goals. After talking to #3 on the phone, I learned he loves his work as an installer of cable boxes and has no aspirations of doing anything more. We spoke several times, and he just seemed too simple and not interesting to me.)

I don't know much about #4: I know he has a shaved head, is 5'8" and that he's in the financial field. We spoke briefly on the phone, and I know he has a nephew and we both like Star Wars.

At least my past experiences have made me not have any expectations for tonight.

Stay tuned for the full report tomorrow...

4 comments:

jman said...

You turned down the opportunity for free cable?!!! Where are your priorities? Seems like it shouldn't count if you end up not meeting - they may have thought it was a match but if you don't before you've even met, seems like a rip off.

In any event, good luck with #4 (or perhaps I should say "may the force be with you"). An interesting set of facts you conveyed - hair status, height status and occupational sector (given the sector and the economy, employment status may be less optimal than the cable guy). Must have been an interesting conversation.

Emily said...

Hahaha...I pay for my cable. I believe in being honest!

It is strange the limited info they provide on a candidate. Fortunately, he is still employed!

Anonymous said...

Emily I really think you should go for having a child. Maybe that would take some of the pressure of your desire to find the "right" guy. Maybe having a child would help you realize your dreams of being a mother--and help you relax, thus allowing you to find the right mate.
Just a thought.

Emily said...

Hm, well, having a child on my own is certainly something I've thought about, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I even recently posted about that!