Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yes, it snowed in Dallas!

It snowed last night! It's very pretty, even if it's only sticking to inanimate objects. (I guess the ground is still too warm.) I tried to drive to work this morning, but it was way too slick. The snow and ice had also backed up the highway, and no one was moving. I turned it around and worked "virtually" from home.

Steve has been here all day, too, but he's not working. He doesn't have the ability to work virtually for his job, but it's good for him to have some down time. He's still not feeling great. We were supposed to get some test results back today, but the staff didn't show up at the doctor's office because of the weather. Hopefully, we'll know more tomorrow...

I think the best part about working from home is having my cat Sabrina snuggled up to my side. She's hardly left me all day, and my left leg is nice and warm from her closeness.

The worst part about working from home are the hours and hours of phone calls. I had so many meetings today that got turned into conference calls. It's much better to have those in person, when you HAVE to have meetings, that is.

I enjoyed my short trip to Philly, although I was plagued with delays both ways. I was very disappointed in how many rude people I encountered on this trip, though. From the security personnel on a power trip to the taxi dispatchers I called, the nastiness was unpleasant, ugly and not necessary!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Sorry you ran into so many rude people. Whatever happened to the golden rule? I agree, totally unnecessary. Glad you are home safe, and hope Steve is better soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, the Golden Rule would be nice wouldn't it?

How many times non-reving did I see an 'I don't wanna know and I don't shiv a git' attitude.

It really is not that hard to be nice.

Unknown said...

Brrrrrrrrrr! It's cold even down here in Houston. Glad Breenie baby is keeping you warm. Hugs to Steve.