Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Dallas got a winter storm yesterday, and Steve and I decadently stayed in our pajamas all day! We kept warm with a nice fire and watched movies, played Scrabble, and ate chili. We watched the rain and noticed the icicles growing off the patio. Last night, I heard little tapping noises, and realized it was sleet hitting the skylights.

Today, I braved the icy roads to get to the airport. Although the first flight to Philly was cancelled, the second one is only delayed an hour. Driving in, all the bare trees look beautiful, decorated as they are with ice. However, I didn't enjoy the ice so much on my windshield. Thankfully, I have a great scraper from my dad, and Steve came out to help me. Even the car doors were glued shut with ice!

1 comment:

paula said...

Good spirit building stuff that Em, nothing like having to spend half an hour de-icing the car (including the key hole) with a scraper and jug of hot water, going back inside for a wee and then returing to the car to find it iced up again to set you up for the day (snigger). XXXXX