Sunday, January 28, 2007

Philly, again

I had to fly in tonight because my meeting begins so early tomorrow. I hate leaving Steve, but at least his best friend Cris is on stand-by and I'll be back tomorrow evening.

I had a great cabbie tonight from the airport. Sometimes, I want to be left in silence, but other times it's nice to chat. He said he's originally from South Carolina, and he remarked that I don't sound like I'm from Texas. I explained my dad is from England and my mom from Texas, and my accent is a mixture. He asked where I'm from. "Where am I from...?" I repeated. There's not really a good answer to that. So, I just said, "New York," which is true, I WAS born there. I just haven't lived there in 33 years or so.

The view from my hotel is great. I can see a part of the city, and the next building over has a dome like the Capitol building. And I'm happy to not be right next to the elevator. But I will miss Steve's soft snoring. I know, I'm crazy, but it lets me know he's relaxed and sleeping and makes me feel safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean,Em..sometimes I pinch Uncle Noel to see if he is still with us :o)

Unknown said...

I got snoring over here in spades- both Al and mini-Al could give you a chorus! Hope your trip is quick and soon you are back home with Steverino (P&G love saying that)

Vetmommy said...

Did you see Charles and Camilla? - they are ending their trip there as you are beginning. I'm sure while you're traveling on business you'll have lots of time to bump into them (she said sarcastically).

Anonymous said...

Oh,Heck...don't bump into Camilla she may give you a smile and you don't want THAT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We just missed each other! I was in Philly all last week for work.