Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just venting

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Work has been INSANE. It's so busy, and I'm literally exhausted when I do get outta here. And now I'm getting a cold. I know the stress has lowered my defenses.

I try not to write about work too much. It's somewhat dangerous and not that interesting. But I need to vent.

I got pulled from the new project that launches in London. I'm very bummed about that.

My major account has continued to be a major pain in the rear. It's a huge account for the company, so there's lots of visibility. But it's not well organized and there's too many new people on the account. I don't mind training someone, but this is ridiculous! I've been here for almost 6 years, but four others on the team are brand new to the company, three of these are not in my department. I'm constantly being asked questions about how they should do their jobs and pulled into different directions. Plus I'm trying to actually do my work. Although I'm supposed to be 100% dedicated to this project, I still have 3 other accounts I'm also responsible for. We just don't have anyone to transfer them off to.

I continue to count the weeks to go until Hawaii. My saving grace is Steve. He makes me smile and forget about work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Meh - London sucks at this time of year. It's cold and grey and rainy and everyone's grumpy. Much better off in Hawaii!!

(Make sure you get plenty of orange juice to nail that cold.)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, sorry about that work thing! *hugs* Yes, Hawaii will be a wonderful distraction from all the work stress!

Love ya bunches-Bevie-

Anonymous said...

Ahh,Em. sounds to me like you're doing other peoples' jobs too..never a good thing half way between 6 years of service! Without sounding peevish :o( let them find out the stuff they are asking you just like you did, it's the only way to learn..am getting off my soap box 'cos I dangerous when I hear stuff like this..cheeky blighters! (or have I got it wrong?)xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Em, try and stick in there sweetheart, you're obviously doing a great job, it's so hard though concentrating on your account when you're being pulled away to sort out other crap though isn't it!! Hang in there hon, only a few more weeks to go 'till your hols XXX