Friday, February 10, 2006

My Fix-It Guy

We've had a record warm winter, but I still don't know if I'd consider swimming. A few weekends ago, Scuba Steve braved the cold waters of his pool to find the elusive leak that is continuously draining his water. My job was to watch and make sure he didn't drown or go into hypothermic shock. Luckily for me, he didn't. Unluckily, he didn't find the leak either. It was worth a shot, though. Renting the scuba suit and getting the bulb syringe and food coloring to squirt at the cracks only cost $25. It cost several hundred to have the pool professionals come out to locate it, but now that they have, he's going to fix it himself. I'm so impressed with his ingenuity!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very clever of him! Did bring a smile to my face :)
Love, M

Anonymous said...

What a clever bloke!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, to live in a country where it's not entirely pointless to own a pool...

Me said...

Who's Steve?

Anonymous said...

That's a sight I never thought I would see,Em..a man in his swimming pool with a 'wet suit' on....oh,I understand why haha good idea...xx

Anonymous said...

WOW that's a nice sized pool! I can't imagine trying to find a TINY leak...
Way to go,though, Steve for giving it a try!=)

Love-Bevie-

Vetmommy said...

Now that you have a private life, your blog suffers from neglect. Your audience awaits you.