Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Travel

Steve's been travelling this week for work. I really miss him! Even though we don't see each other every day, it's nice to know he's just a few minutes away if I needed him. But since Monday, he's been out in California, calling to tell me how beautiful the ocean and the weather have been.

I think it's easier when I'm the one travelling. I think it's harder on the one who gets left behind.

Both our jobs are going to require a lot of travel in the next few months, so we are planning to use the frequent flier miles to our advantage. I'm going to Pittsburgh next week, and my name has been tossed around to work on a new account that kicks off in London in two weeks! Steve is off to San Antonio next week, then Seattle and California again soon.

And then he has a business trip to Hawaii that he wants me to join him on! It's prime season for Hawaii, but with my miles, it's only going to cost me $10 to fly there. We're staying for a week, and he only has to work 3 of those days. I can't wait. I'm counting the weeks (5 to go).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! $10 to go to Hawaii? That's awesome! That sounds like so much fun. I'm really excited for you (and a little jealous since the weather up here has been either rainy or cloudy)!

Anonymous said...

Wow Emily, bet you can't wait to get to Hawaii!!! Ever so slightly envious sat here in freezing Runcorn.

Anonymous said...

Hawaii..mmm just the name conjures up lovely beaches,hot sun and lazy,lazy days...have a good time,Sweetie, you deserve it.xx

Vetmommy said...

Yes, much better to be the leaver than the stayer, but even better to go with to HAWAII!

Unknown said...

Oh I can smell lots of coconutty things -- suntan (oops, I mean sunblock) lotion, drinks...sultry Hawaiian air, crashing waves and you two taking it easy. Nice! Stay off the bikes, okay? ;}

Anonymous said...

Hope you two have a great time in Hawaii! It's been such a long time since we've been there but it still remains one of our favorite.
Love, M