Monday, February 20, 2006

Valentine's Recap

I almost felt guilty about my Valentine's Day this year. It was so great! I felt I was betraying the single women everywhere, like my friend Hannah, who wrote about what a silly frivolous holiday it is.

I was VERY spoiled on Valentine's Day, and I must admit, it's really nice to be spoiled!

Steve sent me TWO bouquets of flowers to work: one a mixed bouquet and one with a dozen roses. My parents sent a box of goodies from the El Paso Chile Company, and my company gave each employee a rose and an iPod shuffle to share with our loved ones. (Steve was really thrilled with his.)

We went to dinner at a nice restaurant in town, Maguire's. We each had steak and then shared an incredible dessert, the chocolate lava cake. Mmmm...

Steve also bought me gifts, some accessories for my camera that he bought me for Christmas. I got him a framed picture of the two of us to put in his office or home. It was just a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't you have a nice day? The flowers look lovely.

Vetmommy said...

WOW TWO bouquets - delivered?!?! Must be love. Kind of reminds me of the first V-day I was dating Anth, when I got flowers from him and another from his mom!

Unknown said...

Okay, let me give you my Valentines just so you can feel incredibly spoiled. I was SICK AGAIN FOR THE SECOND FLIPPING VALENTINES IN A ROW. Al can home early to take the kids to Eatzi's to get dinner since I was in no mood to cook. Paige threw a fit, so she got "punished" by staying home with me (yeah, who was being punished again??!) I got NO CARD, NO FLOWERS, NO SOMETHIN'/SOMETHIN'

You dating girls have all the fun. I bet you got some sexy undies too and just didn't post it on your blog because you make this place rated G not G-string.

Okay, yes, I've had too much wine tonight, but blame Daddy, he is visiting and I am just trying to be a good hostess. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you were completely spoiled!!!! Lucky girl XXX

Anonymous said...

TWO!!! wow!! Uncle Noel says 'Bah' to Valentines day (mizzy) I would love to be romanced once more before I 'pop off' :o)ahh well after 52 years what can I expect ...a medal! :o( All together now "Ahhhhh". xx