Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's not you, it's me

So Ed, the guy I had brunch with (see Online dating sucks...), text-messaged me on my phone on Monday saying he'd enjoyed meeting me, etc. I struggled with whether to reply and what to say. I decided to be honest with him and not just leave him wondering. I wrote back it was nice to meet him, too, but it just wasn't a connection for me, and wished him good luck.

He wrote back: "I figured you felt that way. Just curious, what was not right? Please be honest. I appreciate the feedback."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Again, I struggled with whether I need to write back. I mean, how do you say in a nice, non-offending way, "I don't think you're attractive, you talk too much and you don't watch the news!" I decided to ask a few friends and coworkers for their advice. Here's what they suggested I write back:

Janet: "My degree was in health education, not psychology. Get a counselor if you want feedback."
Stephen M: "Case in point."
Stephen L: "Unsubscribe."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would go with "My degree was in health education, not psychology. Get a counselor if you want" I think it was nice to tell him you were nto intrested, but very worng for him to ask why not.