Saturday, July 09, 2005

In Training

Next weekend is the adventure race. As I've told my friends and colleagues that I'm going to do this race, they look at me quizzically and ask, "have you been training?"

I guess this race is out-of-character for me, but that's part of the challenge. I think it will be very physically challenging for me. Each of the events would probably be enough for me on their own, but this will be all three: running, biking and swimming (sort of). The water portion is kicking or paddling a floatation device or boat. (Jenn, have you figured out what we're using yet?) Jenn was going to explore their storage unit for old swimming floats, and Anna offered her large blow-up Shamu.

I took a long bike ride this morning around my neighborhood. It's hot. And my butt really started to burn on all the inclines. (Yeah, I know, it can use it.) I have a water bottle holder on my bike, but I couldn't figure out how to get to it while I was riding, and I didn't want to stop because I thought my body would refuse to get back on and keep going. I'm so grateful for my iPod Mini, my birthday present from Stephanie. Music really helps keep your mind off the physical twinges and inspires you on.

Now I have to go into work. (Yuk) I'm going on a very important presentation, and we have to practice today. The presentation team consists of me, another director, 4 VPs and our President. No pressure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A full and interesting week ahead. Good luck in PIT and good luck getting through the RACE.

Vetmommy said...

The race is just for fun and it is going to be a great ADVENTURE! I am so proud of you for agreeing to do this! We are going to have a great time and eat lots of pasta at the end. Love You!