Friday, July 01, 2005

A Bitter Aftertaste

Not knowing if I should leave the cucumber on the vine to get darker green, I called the most knowledgeable gardener I know, my brother-in-law Anthony. He clued me in that the longer you leave cucumbers on the vine, the more bitter they get. Uh, oh...

So I picked the one in the picture as well as another and tried them out. Sure enough, it was pretty bitter.

I omitted something from last weekend's post-game report on my dates with Chris. He said I seemed wonderful, intelligent, yada, yada, yada...(you can almost hear the "but" right?)...but he wasn't sure if he could "handle" the fact that I'm divorced.

This really upset me for two reasons. First, he knew this before he asked me out. I'm very honest, and it is in my profile. We even talked about it on the phone before we ever met. Second, this is something I can't do anything about! It's so frustrating. I told him, I'd change it if I could, but unfortunately, I don't have the ability to go back and time and undo all my mistakes.

So, I haven't heard from him. I guess he decided he couldn't handle it. Whatever. Well, I guess, like the cucumbers, there will be more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how disappointing! And, also like the cucumbers, they may look good but upon tasting, sometimes they turn out to be bitter. Hang in there, sweetheart. Love, M

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you have your cucumber!

Vetmommy said...

Excellent title.