Thursday, March 03, 2005

How bad does it have to be to be classified a "bad date?"

Have you ever had a date that was going so badly, you had a friend call and make up an emergency for an excuse to end it?

I had a second (and last) date with a guy last Saturday. Our first date went pretty well, but I was nervous and drank a little too much. As we all know, that lowers your inhibitions. It also makes it easier to put up with personality quirks that normally would bother you. So for this date, I was very careful about my alcohol consumption.

Did he talk this much about himself, nonstop, on the first date? Or did I not notice?

It started off badly. We had agreed to meet at a shopping area that has several restaurants and a theater for dinner and a movie. I really wanted to see the Aviator, but he replied "No, I don't want to see that." Ok...we had a difficult time finding a movie neither one of us had seen and that he would agree to see. So we decided to start with dinner.

There are at least three restaurants in this center, and two of them have lots of healthy choices. I was hoping to be consulted on where to eat, but he just told me we'd be eating at the third (least healthy) restaurant.

At dinner, he went on and on about himself, his job, his views on religion. We had talked about religion on our first date. He works for a Christian company, so we had discussed briefly that we are both Christians. He knew I attend church most Sundays. So I was shocked when he announced, "I really don't believe in God unless I need something" and gave me an example of a time when he was in a dangerous situation and thought "God, help me out of this."

Are you kidding me?!? That's the ONLY time you BELIEVE in God? I have a problem with this...

When he went to the bathroom, I text-messaged my goddaughter, Annie, who is 17 and was at the Mavericks' game with a girlfriend. She offered to call and say her car wouldn't start, leaving her stranded. It sounded better than spending another couple hours with this guy...

He showed his true colors when Annie called and I told him I'd have to go.
"Can't she get a cab?"
She's 17...downtown (not a great area)
"I've been to Mavericks' games, and they're expensive. I can't believe she doesn't have enough money for a cab."
She didn't buy the tickets! Her dad gets them and didn't want to go tonight.

One of my friends said at least bad dates give you a good story. I've got lots of stories...

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Hey, its been a while since you updated. Any dates with guys whose name start with "K"?