Monday, March 21, 2005

Friday night in the Big City

I got recommendations from a coworker about a bar not far from my hotel, Hudson's. It was a cool scene. The bar is on the second floor of the building with a floor made from frosted glass tiles. The light from the first floor shines through to give the entire room a warm glow. I sat at the bar with a glass of wine, but it wasn't long before someone sat beside me. I could tell from his order that he was English. Mark explained he was in town on business and invited me to join him and his friend for dinner at a Greek restaurant. The food was delicious (and free!).

Then we went dancing to meet his friend's girlfriend. The bar was small but fun, and I had a great time until Mark started ignoring me. I'm not sure, but I think it might have been because I danced with another guy. It was innocent -- we were standing at the edge of the dance floor anyway, and at one point, Mark stopped dancing when I wanted to keep going, so I just danced with the guy that was next to us. I didn't get close or anything, but when I came back from the bathroom, Mark just kept his back turned to me. I was tired anyway, so I left without saying goodbye. I felt good about it, because in the past I haven't always looked out for myself.

No comments: