Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tri-ing Times

It was my fourth triathlon -- and Jenn's seventh -- and I'm still flying high knowing 1) I finished, and 2) I beat my last year's time by six minutes!

This first picture was taken before the race, before we got red-faced and sweaty.


After the race, proudly wearing our accomplishment medals:


And strutting our stuff:


And our post-race meal -- brunch at El Rincon:


I'm really pleased. I worked hard to improve my times on the swim and run, and I did both. My bike time was within a minute of last year's. (The bike portion is definitely my favorite, and not just because I get to eat during it.) We were very fortunate to have cloud cover for the morning, which kept away the blazing sun. It was humid, but I was thankful for the clouds.

I can't wait to do it all again next year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Go Emily!!!! You did GREAT Sweetheart, I am sooooo Proud of You! And next year will be even better, we all know this, because of many factors. Keep feeling the glow of this accomplishment.
Love, M

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
The two of you look like twins.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! you both did well. :)

Aunty Norma.xx

jman said...

Congrats on the accomplishment. Here's one tip which will go a long way to improving things for next year - lose the Mets hat! Wearing one with the Yankees NY is like steroids - you suddenly run faster, jump higher and just look downright cooler. No points for guessing which team I support.

Lauren said...

Congratulations, Em! You look great. 6 minutes off your last year's time is QUITE impressive. Next time you're in central Texas, can you swing by Big D? Miss you.

Emily said...

Thanks for all the congrats!

jman: I'm not really a sports fan. I got that hat free when I got invited to attend a Mets game on Mother's Day weekend a couple years ago. I thought it brought a little of NY to the TX tri.

Lauren: I may be in Texas soon...I'll let you know!