Thursday, June 24, 2010

Timing

Irony: I move back to Texas in just a couple weeks, and everyone in my immediate family -- parents and both sisters + families -- will be gone from Texas.

My parents are taking off for the cooler climate in the mountains of New Mexico.
Jenn, Anthony + kids will be visiting a friend and exploring Chile.
Steph + kids will be enjoying the ocean breezes of Southern California.

Welcome home to me! :-) Guess that's what I get for moving in the heat of the summer. But in my defense, I had to go when I found someone to sublease my apt.

And focusing on the positive, at least I will have plenty of time to set up my new place, meet some new friends, and take a road trip to visit Grandma.

5 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Yes, I am bummed that I can't help you get settled and immediately start having daily lunch dates and girls' night out (Ha ha, jk). But I am glad you will be here, and I can't wait to see the niche you carve out for yourself in Austin.

get2eric said...

Poor timing but you have the run of the house. This one, Bink's or Tip's.
Take your choice Link. See you in September.

Anonymous said...

But who knew?!?!?! We made our plans for NM in Feb, Jenn has been planning the Chile trip since spring and so did Steph with N. California. You just surprised us ... and delighted us with your move! We are all celebrating this new change for you.
Love, M

Anonymous said...

...and by moving on the 10th July Martine and Ryan just miss seeing you in N.Y. :( but..everything happens for a reason so let Jman have your email addy.(I don't know how you can get it to him though) :) it would be nice for you to meet,huh? xx

A.Norma. (That's a mighty long holiday Dad is taking isn't it) :)

Emily said...

Vetmommy/Jenn: I'm looking forward to all that, too! Except I probably won't be able to swing DAILY lunches. :-)

get2eric/Daddy: True!

Mommy: I know, I just think it's ironic. :-)

Aunty Norma: I'm sorry to miss them! But I can't pass up this opportunity.