Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Celebrating May

I promise to post about the rest of my trip soon. It's just that it's been so busy, and I'm sick with a cold, and I'm still feeling a bit of jetlag and all I want to do is sleep.

But it's May! It's my birthday month! (Yes, I like to celebrate all month long.) It's also Mother's Day, my sister's 40th, my dad's 70th, my nephew's 7th, and Fleet Week in NYC. Plenty of reasons to celebrate.

To kick it off right, I got myself a birthday gift at Duty Free in London. (In fact, I went a little crazy at Duty Free. All that savings kind of drove a bit of a shopping spree!) But this is something I've been wanting for awhile: an initial necklace from Tiffany's. And as Heathrow conveniently had a Tiffany's store, I decided to see if they had the necklace. They did!

I'd first seen the necklace on a friend of mine. I loved the simplicity and elegance of it, but I just haven't gone to one of the Tiffany stores to check out my initial. I'm thrilled with my purchase and have worn it every day since I got it. Happy early birthday to me!

5 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Saucy, but elegant! So you!

jman said...

Very elegant. At the risk of sounding like someone raining on your parade, it has been my experience that for the most part, items at duty free have inflated prices so one isn't really saving anything at least in terms of what one can get it for in NYC. I know for Europeans who pay a lot of tax on booze and cigarettes that they in fact do save significantly on those purchases.

Still, good for you for treating yourself. We should all indulge ourselves from time to time.

When is your birthday (don't want to get the date wrong on the tattoo I am getting so I don't forget from here on in). I know the Mexicans were celebrating your birthday with a venegeance tonight. And Europe has 2 3 day weekends during your birthday month. The US needs to get more into the swing of things.

Anonymous said...

I love it - definitely you!

Jman - doesn't matter - she likes it - 5/24 is the date in case she doesn't let you know.

Love you, Em-Em,
M

P.S. Keep having fun & enjoying life!

Anonymous said...

You got in before me,Bev. :)
" 5/24 is the date in case she doesn't let you know."
I guess May is the Month for most of your Family,Em.and my baby Brother on the 16th..70 wow! you're catching up,Eric :)


A.Norma.xx

Emily said...

Thanks for all the compliments! I really love it, too. And it was surprisingly reasonably priced, especially for Tiffany.

jman, I'm actually a pretty comparative shopper and know that I got the items I bought for less than I usually could. So I'm happy!

Thanks, Mom and Aunty Norma, for advertising my birthdate. :-)
Why wouldn't I tell the day?