Friday, March 19, 2010

Escape

[Whenever I see the word "escape" in print, the first thing that goes through my head is Ellen Degeneres's voice from "Finding Nemo" sounding out "Ess-cah-pay." It makes me smile.]

I came across this on the web: Create an Escape Plan

It’s driving you crazy. Quite possibly, it’s having a negative impact on your health. It’s time to escape. But how? You feel like you have no options – no way out. It’s time to sit down and make a list. A list of what you need to do to get out of the situation. A list of what you need to do to make a change.

I'm definitely feeling the itch to escape, and it's getting harder to ignore. I need to make a change, but how much? And am I ready for this? Change is risky, but doing the same thing and expecting different results is insane. I'm thinking through all the options, trying to plan for all contingencies. I hate the uncertainty, the in-between-ness. I much prefer once I've made a decision and am acting on it. But it's too big to make the decision lightly. So I'm making lists. Several items have question marks next to them and require research -- Google and talking to trusted friends and counselors.

At least I have my upcoming Europe trip with Never Married as a welcome distraction. We leave for Paris, Amsterdam and a day in London at the end of April.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one day in London,Emily? So what have you planned to do there may I ask? :)


A.Norma.x

I have just been on 'Google Street' which we now have and I got your address up..I felt very near to you,Em. it was thrilling. :)

Emily said...

Aunty Norma: yes, just one day in London. It's cheaper to fly thru London than direct from Amsterdam. My friend and I have both been there before, so I think we'll just do some shopping and go out on the town for our last night.

Vetmommy said...

Ess-cah-peh a Tejas!

jman said...

Depends on what exactly it is you are seeking to escape from, about which you are vague. New York? Job? Downtown? Drinking pina coladas and taking walks in the rain? Rupert Holmes?

Springtime in Paris should cure what ails you or just make it 1000 times worse.

The weather has turned fabulous. For once the rain is on Monday. Ain't life grand?

Emily said...

Vetmommy: Yes! Looking forward to next weekend.

jman: Yes, being intentionally vague. The weekend weather was gorgeous, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Soooo, Emily, you are our Mystery Woman now,huh? Have a lovely time in Paris.Amsterdam and London,and forget everything that's negative in your life :) xx


Aunty Norma.xx