Thursday, July 30, 2009

When It Rains...

Yesterday we had an incredible storm here in NYC. Massive thunder, drenching rain and spectacular lightning starting mid-afternoon. Walking home at the end of the day, my bare arms and legs got wet and I found myself sliding around in my sandals, but I kinda liked feeling the rain on me.

Aloha Guy is still around. He came into town a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed his company. But, he's too smart and investigative and found the blog. Wasn't too happy with what I've written versus what I haven't written. So I find myself censoring my writing more than usual. However, I must say he continues to show his interest in me, which is flattering, and has a penchant for giving me gifts, which I'll admit I love. Yesterday, I received chocolates at work -- two big boxes which made me very popular with my colleagues.

I was anticipating going out with a vendor last night for dinner, but it got cancelled at the last minute. My attempts to make other plans were fruitless, so I decided to head to the gym. At the gym, my iPhone rang (which I was using as an iPod, so I answered). A new character to tell you about...

A few weeks ago, out on the town with a girlfriend, we went to a Cuban restaurant for dinner. In addition to fabulous mojitos, they had live music, and the singer/bassist was absolutely fantastic. On their break, I went over to compliment him, and his speaking voice was every bit as resonant and musical as his singing voice. He said they were playing later at another club that I wasn't familiar with, and I gave him my number to text me the info while not committing that we would show up.

We did show up and had a fabulous time. Cuban Musician was happy to see us and made a point of speaking to me on the breaks, even though most of the crowd were long-time fans and everyone wanted to talk to him. He's very cute...

And I've been out to see him perform a couple other times at different places around the city. He's a good kisser, but I haven't thought about it too seriously. He's fun, and very effusive in his compliments. He keeps telling me how much he likes me, but I guess I'm playing aloof. Our lives are so different, but I like hearing about his passion for music and how he composes, his travels and his contagious zest for life.

And then, last night, Cuban Musician called to ask if he could cook for me. I accepted and was entertained with his antics in the kitchen while he boasted repeatedly how good he was at cooking. I just laughed at him...until we sat down and ate. It was fantastic. He didn't follow a recipe and said this was a dish he'd created himself. And even if I told you the different ingredients -- including orange juice, rosemary, butter, onions, chicken -- it wouldn't begin to describe the savory goodness, and I don't think I could replicate it. As we finished the wine I brought, he sang for me. A very nice evening.

4 comments:

jman said...

And who I mean what was for dessert? :)

Vetmommy said...

Sounds like spicy fun!

Unknown said...

Tu vida es muy caliente ahorita, no? Disfrute!

Emily said...

jman: A girl has to watch her figure. Usually if I'm having wine, I skip dessert!

Vetmommy: it was fun & delicious!

EdamameMommy: Si, es muy interesante!