Monday, July 27, 2009

Packing in the Sight-Seeing and Visiting


Saturday and Sunday with Jenn, Anth and the kids here just flew by in a whirlwind of activity. On Saturday, we had a delicious but filling brunch and then headed up to Times Square. We bought tickets to Mary Poppins, which the kids were absolutely enthralled with. That night, we had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Sushi Samba.







Sunday, we went to church and then had Thai food in the West Village before heading over to the Hudson River Park. We kayaked in the Hudson and then walked down to the Staten Island Ferry, stopping along the way to play in the park and eat gelato.




The whole visit went so quickly! Although it was hard to have multiple conversations at once (how do parents get used to that without losing their train of thought?), it seems so awfully quiet now without them all.

3 comments:

peevish said...

You guys have had so much fun together! Now, I think you need to get some rest.

Vetmommy said...

Well, I am glad you didn't get too tired of us while we crashed into your lives. We had a great time; I had so many stories to tell at work! Regarding the multiple interrupting conversations: we get sorta used to them because we are bombarded all the time. Also, Anthony and I often use email to communicate.

Unknown said...

I'm exhausted just reading that little lot!

I miss NYC...