Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hit Me Again, Matchmaker

So I never heard from Match #2 again. Not totally disappointed, as I didn't feel any physical attraction. To protect his identity, I've been referring to him among my friends as "Mr. Small Hands." I didn't blog about this previously, but during our meeting, he called attention to his hands, saying he had injured one in karate. We were both looking at his hands, and I noticed they were pretty small for a guy. Unfortunately, I have large hands for a girl (my uncle Joe used to say "these are football-catching hands!" not that I can do that), and I'd prefer a guy I date to have larger hands than me. If I have the bigger hands in the relationship, it makes me feel ungainly, butchy, and not very feminine.

So he never called again. And I'm okay with that.

And I just received Match #3! I'll be calling him soon to set up a meeting. From the brief email intro we get from the service, I know he's interested in "sports, dining out and music." Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Suddenly slimmer said...

It's good to know that Im not alone. Hit 30 last June. Thinking Im so old. Sometimes I do enjoy the dating game.
Hope you have more dates to come.

Anonymous said...

Hello Emily, finally I figured out how to use this very interesting way of getting to know you again, and I am smiling as I am reading your very good sence of humour stories about your dates! I wish you all the best in your dating, and will keep an eye on you ;-) from your danish sister Janne

jessica said...

You are too funny!

Are you exaggerating about those hands? Are they really that big, please have a look at my blog and let me know how big they are :)

Sorry for the strange interest,lol.