Thursday, October 23, 2008

travel and learning

As one of my friends wrote me in a recent email, my previous post stirred up quite a shit storm of activity in the comments! It's nice to get comments, real evidence that people are reading and inspired enough by my post to share their point of view.

For the past couple days, I've been in San Francisco. I'm here for a conference for work, networking with people from 7 am to 11 pm, and as I flew across country to get here (quite a long flight of 6 hours), I felt a cold coming on. I'm starting to feel a bit better, just in time...

My mom is flying in to join me in San Fran for the weekend. We are attending an Oprah conference on Saturday, and while Oprah herself won't be there, we will see Suze Orman, Martha Beck, Stacey London and others. (A great opportunity for internal, personal work!)

I haven't seen my mom since our family vacation in June, so it will be great to see her and catch up. Plus, I love San Francisco. Such a beautiful, fun city.

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I love San Fran, too! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh,you two will enjoy yourselves for sure..have a lovely time,Em.
A.Norma.x

What's Up With That? said...

Its always great to spend time with my mom, in fact, I can't go long periods of time without her presence. I hope you enjoy your time with your mom