I don't know if it's been the effect of the gloomy weather, feeling crummy and unable to get a deep breath or just sick of being lonely, but I've been rather homesick lately.
Things I miss about Texas:
- Mi Cocina, especially their salsa!
- Being close to family, close enough to drive down for a last-minute weekend getaway
- Having a multitude of friends to call on
- Having a "best friend"
- My motorcycle
- Blue Bell ice cream
- Shiner Bock beer
- Wide, open spaces
- Knowing my way around
Things I don't miss about Texas:
- Driving, especially in traffic
- The persistent heat
- Having my vote not count because of the messed up electoral college system
- The arrogant belief of so many that Texas is the best/only place to be, even though they've never set foot outside it's boundaries
- Huge belt buckles. Really, what's the point?