Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Squirrel Mayhem

Working from home, you learn what goes on during the day when you're usually not here. I'm surprised how late in the afternoon the trash gets picked up on my street, and the mail-lady comes pretty late, too. It's a pretty quiet street, except for the squirrels.

There are two large pecan trees here, one in the front yard and one in the back, that provide a lot of shade and have branches that canopy over the house. The squirrels have been eating the unripened green pecans with gusto, and the debris litters the front yard and sidewalk. They also must be playing a game of torpedo, throwing the pecans at the roof. THUMP! THUMP! A couple times, it sounds like someone is knocking at the front door. (I checked...no one there.)

THUMP! Roll, roll, roll...there goes another one.

3 comments:

paula said...

That is so cute!!

Unknown said...

That'd drive me bonkers! You're clearly a woman of infinitely more patience than I.

get2eric said...

I was bombed by them a few times last week too.