Friday, July 13, 2007

Bittersweet

One reason I've been posting all week about my vacation is to avoid posting about my last week at work.

I've worked at this company for just over seven years, and I've made so many close friends. It's so hard to say goodbye, and it's hard for me to imagine not working here. Although I'm thrilled and excited to start my new position, I leave so many good colleagues and fun times behind. I've been crying and laughing, reminiscing about past times, all week. Everyone seems to have the same response: they are happy for me personally, but sad to see me go. I feel the same.

5 comments:

get2eric said...

Yeah. Life's full of stuff like that. But it is really neat that you are venturing on an exciting journey and I know you will gain a lot from it.

Not only that. But we will have a place to stay in NYC.

Yeah!!

Unknown said...

Mmmm. Good to leave on a high note, right?

Can't wait to hear how your apartment hunting trip goes.

paula said...

So hard moving on isn't it. Good luck with the apartment search, try and get a good one. XX

ColeBugsmommy said...

Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding yourself a new apartment and I am pretty sure that your new job will give you the chance and space to develop yourself and grow! By the way...were are the pics you made in amsterdam? :)