Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sisters are the best medicine

And I mean "sisters" in the broader sense. My girlfriends have been a great support in Dallas, but when I heard both my sisters and their kiddos along with our cousin Beverly were going to be together in San Antonio, I decided I couldn't miss the opportunity to be with so many people I love.

The original plan was to go swimming today at the hotel, but the rain has ruled that out. Instead, Colin and I "explored" the lobby, Anna got her hair braided, and everyone except Colin got temporary tattoos. Paige insisted on getting hers in the lumbar section of her back! Everyone was chuckling as she sassily stuck her hip out and let the girl paint her pink and purple stars and moons.

We just got into the rooms, and the kids are thrilled. Colin walked around and around, pulling his wheeled suitcase and exclaimed over the "new soap!" Anna was thrilled about the TV and just had to call Dad at home to tell him about the beautiful room. Graham's first order of business was to unpack his "lovies," and Paige had to change into more comfortable clothes.

If the weather lets up, we will be visiting Sea World tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty swanky hotel too! Hill Country Hilton, oh my.

I hope the rain abates tomorrow and you have a great day at Sea World.

Get the kids to sing 'Ants' together; but before you do, figure out the rhymes for their names........
Ants -Yellow pants
Bugs- Mersey tugs
Anna-banana
Colin-sneezin from the pollen
Paige- dancin on the stage
Graham-causing mayhem
Jenn - sing it again
Ink- (easier to rhyme after dealing with Graham) giving us a wink
Tip- giving us the slip
Beverlee- (no there was) -With all the family

This is what packing for 4 days straight does to one's mind Ink.......

Anonymous said...

I loved my trip to Sea World in 1987...Shamu was my very favourite! sounds like you all had funny fun fun..:o) xx