Monday, December 04, 2006

Gettin' Lovins in Houston

Posting from Houston, where I arrived last night. My bro-in-law Al, my mom and the twins came to pick me up. Paige and Graham kept saying "Auntie Emily! Auntie Emily!" in a singsong voice. It was great. I got BIG hugs and whopper kisses, too.

Today, we helped Steph decorate the outside of her house. She is SERIOUS about her decorations! Every year, she finds new additions after the season (on sale). She has three gingerbread houses with six gingerbread kids, two snowmen, two lighted garlands, a blow-up snow globe and a blow-up penguins with candy canes. Then there are wreaths and additional lights sprinkled throughout the front yard.

Steph is still recuperating from last week's hospital stay, but she is in good spirits. Tomorrow, more family is coming in to join in her annual Christmas Tea, ladies only. Should be fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to think of how I could get me an invite to this 'ladies only' event. ..........drag maybe?

Glad you're there and I know you all will have a great time.

paula said...

Oh can't believe it is that time of year again for the "ladies". Have a wonderful time Em, and remember "be careful around the scones with them there earrings".

XXX

Unknown said...

We miss you already, Auntie Emily. Both kids are pining away for you, and I really appreciate all you did to make my home look merry and bright. Love you, Steph

Anonymous said...

soooo where are you,Em??? :o)

Unknown said...

yeah, I'm checking in a lot to see if you've uploaded any pics [hopeful]...