Monday, December 11, 2006

Long time no post

Yes, I'm still alive. [in response to Stephanie's call]

I've just been busy with all the changes going on here (mostly work-related) and didn't think you'd want to read another post about my busy work!

We are moving offices, to a new building across town. We have completely outgrown our current facilities, and because we are adding another 24 or so new employees before the end of the year, we MUST move now to accommodate them. We have no additional space in this building or in the parking lot, which has become quite competitive just to get a space.

I'm in the first of three waves of the move, and my stuff will be relocated on Tuesday night. I've packed up the majority of my things, but I still have more to do today.

I'm excited about the new space and about the fact that I get a window office, but the new location is so much further from my home. I'm estimating on a good day, it will take me 75 minutes to drive there.

So, Steve and I continue to work on the house and hope to move closer into town. We nearly killed ourselves this weekend with yard and pool work, and we met with realtors Saturday afternoon. We are hoping to get from them a condensed list of what needs to be done to sell as well as a market analysis and estimated sale price.

When I think about that drive, I'm ready to move now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaa I bet you are too!!! hope you're still there to collect your post! Sounds quite exciting,Emily, and a nicer office for you too...x

Vetmommy said...

I'm glad you're still alive :-)

Many good reasons for you guys to move... you both are very good at keeping your eye on your goal. I'm sure the house will look and sell well.

Unknown said...

I bet the house is really looking great from all that hard work. You have my share of wine to look forward to at Christmas, now that should be something relaxing to look forward to!

paula said...

Sounds like a nightmare of a drive Em, bet you can't wait for your Christmas break. XXX