Monday, June 26, 2006

The Invasion, Part 2

Invasion: An intrusion or encroachment.

Perhaps I want to control too much. Or maybe I shouldn't be so particular about cleanliness. But if I see an empty bottle (or two, or twenty), I just can't leave it there. And if the trash can is full-to-overflowing, I can't just try to shove another piece of debris into it without wondering how the hell I'm going to get the bag out.

Perhaps our guests are used to servants (or their mothers?) taking care of everything. Someone to fix your food before you even have to ask, and definitely someone to clean up after you. And you don't thank these people because it's their job. And you can even tell them how to do their job better.

I'm amazed at the audacity of some people:
* walking into my home and lighting up a cigarette (what the...?!)
* breaking bottles of food/condiment from the fridge and not apologizing
* telling the one volunteer who cooked breakfast for the group that it would have been better if he had remembered to add cheese
* leaving empty beer bottles at the bottom of the pool
* taking the best seats and towels with no thought for others

I shouldn't paint it as ALL bad, though. It was great to see Steve laughing and goofing around with his buddies. And I guess that's what it was all about. But next time, we're going to Vegas.

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

What a bummer! That can really ruin a good time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I'd have flipped out!!

Anonymous said...

Oh,dear!!! that is definately a 'no, no', Em. say "Never again" loudly and smile :o) xx

Anonymous said...

You are far more tolerant than me. It must be love!