Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Invasion, Part 1

Last weekend and all this past week, Steve and I have been preparing for an onslaught of guests...his 20th high school reunion, centered on our house.

It all started with a misunderstanding. The reunion (several years of graduating classes) was planned for Las Vegas, and although Steve wanted to go, we decided we really couldn't afford it at this time. His best friend Cris decided not to go, too. Then, their friend Ron decided if they weren't going, he wouldn't either. Tom, a friend of theirs in Germany, was already planning to come over to the States for the reunion and spoke to Ron, who told him those three guys weren't going and that we'd all get together some other time in Dallas at Steve's and Cris' houses.

Tom sends out an email, stating "the reunion's moved to Dallas! Free room & board at Steve's and Cris'!"

Uh...

And people start RSVP-ing.

Ok. Guess we're having a party!

We had 8 guests here, and Cris had another 4 at his house. During the day, they were all here at our place, though, since we have the pool. Steve and I worked our butts off getting everything looking great, including a lot of yard work and setting up a cabana near the pool. (I'll post pictures later.)

I guess you could call it a success, in that everyone came and ate and drank. But I'm exhausted. I have a difficult time relaxing if things are messy, and with a total of 16 people here, there was a lot of mess (and not a lot of cleaning up). I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don'tcha hate it when everyone is takers and there are no cleaner uppers?
At least i hope they brought their own beer?