Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Today is Wednesday...

I've been entertaining clients for the past two days and nights. Not too long ago, I welcomed these evening excursions as a nice distraction from the monotony of living alone. Now, however, I can actually say I'd rather spend my evenings focusing on my personal life. I consider this quite an achievement of sorts. Last year, my New Year's resolution was to create a personal life, since I had so thrown myself into work and my career so completely the year before and decimated what personal life I had before.

I did see Steve last night after my client dinner. He gave me a bottle of Lovely, Sarah Jessica Parker's new fragrance. It lives up to its name. There's something so sweet about getting perfume from your boyfriend, even if he did get it free from a friend who reps for the product.

On a completely different note, since this morning, I've had an old camp song stuck in my head. My sister Jennifer should remember it. We learned it when we were teenage camp counselors:

Today is Wednesday, it's a very good day.
Thank God for Wednesday, let's shout hooray. (Hooray!)
If it wasn't for Wednesday, what would we do?
Then we wouldn't have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,
All week long...together with you!
It's gotta be Wednesday, it's gotta be Wednesday,
Is it Wednesday yet? You bet!


Each day at camp started off with this song, substituting the appropriate day of the week. What a great way to kick off the day. The kids liked it anyway!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Eek, I don't remember it. How can that be? Oh, well, sounds like it fits your sunny mood.

Anonymous said...

Good for you,Steve!!! Howdy do..nice to meet you. :o)

Anonymous said...

It's great that you "sound" so happy Emily.

Steve, I think it's lovely that you thought to give the perfume to Emily!! Really sweet.