Monday, June 27, 2005

Weekend Review

Friday night went really well! Chris is a very nice guy, and we had a great time talking and eating Mexican food. Right in the middle of dinner, this teenager came up to the table and, looking directly at me, said, "Mom, can I please have the keys? The car is getting really hot." I did not recognize this kid and didn't know what he was talking about! I said, "I don't know you!" But he persisted, "Mom, really, can I just have the keys?" Then Annie and her friend Becca and Janet all came around the corner laughing. (I had mentioned to Janet that morning where Chris and I were meeting.) Chris took it all in stride and politely met everyone. And Annie introduced me to my "son," Emmanuel.

After dinner, Chris showed me his house in Frisco. It's very nice and surprisingly (for a bachelor) well-decorated! We enjoyed some wine and more conversation. Since we both work for or with pharmaceutical companies, we understand each other's work and can talk easily about the challenges. He asked me out for Saturday night.

We both had busy Saturdays, running errands and such, and by evening, I was pretty worn-out. We decided to see a movie, Batman Begins. It was great! We caught a quick dinner at Pei Wei before the movie, and afterwards came back to my house. He was very complimentary of my house and asked lots of questions about my decorations and the work I've done on the house. (He was very impressed with your patio cover, too, Daddy.) Then he asked, "Do you play cards?"

I haven't found many men who enjoy playing cards, but I love playing games of all sorts. I found a pack, and he suggested Gin Rummy. I beat him every single hand! I really wasn't trying all that hard, but it became comical. Chris was a good loser and didn't take it too seriously.

So, in summary, he's a great guy who's a lot of fun. Cute, smart, tall, nice manners... I think I'll see him again. (In case you were wondering, this is the first guy since my break-up last year that has lasted past 2 dates!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good.

Unknown said...

HAAAAAAAAAAALELUJAHH!
HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALELUJAH!

Hallelujah, hallelujah, halllllaaaaluuujahhh...

Yes, I'm singing for you. Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Is this one of the guys we were checking out at my parent's??? Is it the one with the picture of the piano? Or is it the one with all the model pictures? I want to hear all about it. lindsey.brooks@weyerhaeuser.com